The Smart-Switching Round
Organiser: Christian Schmidt
This round you have to construct a p-warrior from given components (Cloner II, CLP and
Frontwards). However there are some restrictions:
Each entry will fight each other entry in a 2000 rounds fight. There will be no self-fights.
- There must be exactly one copy of each of the three components in your warrior.
- It is not allowed to modify these components in any way, except the assigned instruction (stp.ab #0, #0)
where the values of the a- and b- fields can be modified during the battle.
- It is only allowed to start the components at its assigned instruction (Cloner II: SRC;
CLP:slDodger and Frontwards:boot).
- It is not allowed to launch more than one component during the same battle.
- The p-switcher does not contain any kind of offensive properties and does not create a decoy.
- PIN is disallowed
The scoring is one point for a win and no points for tie or loss.
Standard '94 rules using the same parameters as the '94 draft hill but with -r 2000.
1. Scoring of the components:
Cloner II wins ~95% against CLP
CLP wins (and brainwash!!!) ~95% against Frontwards
Frontwards wins ~95% against Cloner II
ClonerII ties against Cloner II
CLP ties against CLP
Frontwards win/lose ~50% against Frontwards
2. Some remarks concerning strategies:
Yes, there are a lot of possible Strategies, Counter-Strategies, Counter-Counter-Strategies, etc. ;-)
- An important part is for shure finding a good switching strategy. For a 2000 Rounds battle
a very smart switcher could be more succesfull than a basic switcher.
- Keep in mind, that the use of Frontwards is quite risky, because it will be brainwashed by CLP.
- CLP's brainwash (stp.ab #0, #0) can be tuned during the battle to find opponents
- A brainwash-detection could take advantage of CLP's brainwash.
- CLP's brainwash could be also used to fox an opponents brainwash-detection ;-)
Please notify: You have to send for this round your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck :-)